Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Kyleigh's Law

I think that this law can be helpful to teen drivers, but also hurtful. I understand that the safety of the teen driving the car is the first priority, and who the law targets. However, some of the rules that the law requires could be hurtful as well. The red decal on the teenager's licence plate is helpful to notify police that a yound driver is in the car, however it can be a target for predators. Though the New Jersey Teen Driving site says that many other countries have done the same, and no incidents have been reported, you never know, but I do still understand the thought behind the sticker. Also, the teen is responsible at all times for the decal to be present on their plates and in the correct places. I know that this is because the driver should learn to be responsible, but if one was to get lost, or somehow fall off of the car I don't think it would be the driver's fault. I think that teens should be expected to make their own good decisions, and that parts of this law are not necessary, but I see the message behind it, too.

1 comment:

  1. I guess I could see that NJ would think this would help, but it isn't. Really it is just putting more teens in danger than safety.

    ReplyDelete